Discovery Plus is among the most preferred streaming channels for lovers of non-fiction shows and movies. The channel was not available on Amazon FireStick until recently.
As of now, Discovery Plus has been integrated into most of the common content streaming platforms. Likewise, the channel is now accessible on Amazon FireStick. Most of you may, however, be confused about streaming the Discovery Plus documentary service on the Amazon utility. See through the following article to have a clear insight into the streaming particulars.
Discovery Plus and Amazon FireStick: A Smart Integration
Discovery Plus is recognized as the best documentary service around the world. The latter offers an extensive content variety and multilingual streaming support. The service has an appealing catalog of original shows in the non-fiction category.
This on-demand channel promises the delivery of premium quality content to the viewers. The integration into Amazon FireStick has only added to the popularity and convenience of accessing the channel’s vast content pool. Furthermore, it’s quite easy to install and setup Discovery Plus on Firestick. You just have to know what you are doing, but we will help with that.
Along with the FireStick compatibility, Discovery Plus also extends Alexa support for the viewers’ comfort. The service allows you to look up and control your preferred videos with a quick voice command.
Streaming Discovery Plus on Amazon FireStick
As per the recent pricing guidelines for accessing Discovery Plus on Amazon, you have two purchase options. The ad-free plan is available at $6.99 per month. If ads are not a concern for you, a cheaper plan is also available for $4.99 per month. There is a direct sign-up option through the Amazon FireStick app. You can visit the official FireStick website as well to sign in to the Discovery Plus service.
The previously mentioned plans come with a 7-day free trial to make you familiar with the service functionality and streaming experience. You can try the free version for deciding on the app’s credibility in line with your streaming needs and content preferences. Discovery Plus has no quarterly, annual, or biannual plans as of now. The 30-day subscription is the only option. It’s also important to mention that some regions have blocked the app, so you will not be able to access the subscription. However, here is where VPN services come into play. For example, you can access Discovery Plus in Canada by using a free VPN.
Installation and Usage
#1 App Download
You can download the Discovery Plus app from the Amazon Store for FireStick integration. Here’s how to proceed with the process:
- Open the ‘Amazon Store’ and navigate to the ‘Find’ tab on the welcome screen. Tap ‘Search’ in the list of options that follows.
- Once inside the ‘Search Screen’, open the ‘On-Screen Keyboard and enter ‘Discovery Plus’ in the search bar.
- Click on the app name in the search results that appear on the screen. You can alternatively, use a voice command to search the Discovery Plus app through the ‘Alexa-powered FireStick’ remote control.
- Hit the ‘Discovery Plus’ icon on the screen that pops up next.
- Your FireStick screen displays either the ‘Download’ or ‘Get’ options. Click on the same to initiate the download process.
- The download may take a few seconds. Wait for the process to finish.
- Click on ‘Open’ to launch the ‘Discovery Plus’ app on your FireStick device.
Do you use Hulu? If that is the case, you should check out these streaming tips that make the app better.
#2 Getting Started with the Discovery Plus FireStick App
The welcome screen of your FireStick does not display the newly downloaded and installed applications. These are accessed in the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ section of the device. You can, however, move the app to the FireStick home screen for quick access. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the ‘Home’ button on your FireStick remote and wait for the ‘Options’ popup to appear on the device screen. Once that happens, click on ‘Apps’ to proceed further.
- Scroll down to look for the ‘Discovery Plus’ app on the ‘Apps’ screen. Hit the app’s icon to launch it on your FireStick.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ button on the FireStick remote. Tap ‘Move’ in the popup menu that appears next.
- Drag and drop the ‘Discovery Plus’ icon anywhere in the topmost row to add it to the FireStick home screen.
- On the app’s home screen, hit ‘Sign in’ to start streaming with a paid subscription. If you have not purchased a plan yet, click on ‘Start 7-Day Free Trial’ for signing up.
- Enter your Amazon account credentials on the login page and click on ‘Sign in’ to start streaming Discovery Plus on your FireStick device.