PS4’s integrated browser allows you to surf the internet or access online content.
The device will save all of your browsing history as you access the internet and search for terms.
This can lead to a slowdown or a decrease in performance over time.
One solution is to erase all your browsing history on PS4 and start over.
To delete your search history from your PS4 browser, the first step is to locate it. To delete your search history, press the Options key on your controller.
Select Browsing history, then press the X button. This will let you view your web browsing history via the PS4.
You can now scroll through the list to select a webpage that you wish to reopen if you need.
How to delete an internet browser from your PlayStation 4
To delete your internet search history from Internet Explorer 4, click here
- Start the internet browser on your PS4.
- Click the Options button.
- Choose Settings
- To select Clear Website Data, press X
- To delete your browsing history, press the X button on the controller.
You can also press the Option button, as described in the previous step. Then choose Clear browsing history from that menu.
How do I clear the cache from my PlayStation 4?
Follow these steps to clear your cache on PS4:
- Your PS4 should be turned off. Do not leave your PS4 on the rest mode. The process won’t work if it isn’t.
- Wait for the indicator light stop blinking to indicate that it is off.
- The power cord should be disconnected from the device’s back. It is important to unplug the power cord from the wall.
- Give it at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cord.
- You can power up your computer!
Check out this video: How to connect Dualshock 4 and iPhone
This will remove the cache. The steps will also clear the predictive text history from PS4.
How to retrieve deleted browser history from PS4
PS4 cannot retrieve deleted browser history. You can however restore data that you have backed up to a USB storage device.
Here’s how to back up data on your PS4:
- For backup, connect a USB storage device.
- Go to Settings > > Backup and Restore.
- Select Backup.
- Confirm which data you wish to back up. A progress bar will appear showing you the current status of your backup.
- You can customize the backup’s name.
- Highlight Back Up.
- Click the X button.
Now you can remove the USB storage device that contains the backed up data.
You can restore your data by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select System
- Select Backup and Restore.
- Place the USB storage device containing the backed up data.
- Select Restore PS4.
- Choose the file that you wish to restore. The system will then restart and initialize.
- To continue, select Yes.
You have now successfully restored your PS4 data.
You will need an external storage device that has at least twice the storage space required by your console hard drive to back up the data.
You can choose to keep a few important files if you don’t have enough space.
How to delete search history from PS4 keyboard
Follow these steps to erase the learning dictionary from a PS4 keyboard. This is how to clear the learning dictionary on your PS4:
- Choose Settings
- Choose Initialization.
- Clear Learning Dictionary
Check out these 10 best offline games for PS4
You can clear the learning dictionary and start over.
By pressing the Options button, you can delete your search history from the PS4 browser. Select Settings.
Next, choose Clear Website Data to erase your browsing history.
Clear the learning dictionary by accessing the initialization menu. You cannot retrieve deleted browser history.
You can only retrieve the data you have backed up originally.