You can respond to any post or photo on Facebook by leaving a comment. Click on the comment button below the post to make your comment. Or click in the box that says Leave a Comment.
Next, type your thoughts and hit the Enter button to send your message. Some users may not experience this effect all the time.
Some people are unable to comment or like posts on Facebook for accounts or profiles they don’t belong to.
You may not be able to comment on Facebook because you have been denied permission by the owner of the image or post.
It could be a Facebook technical glitch that prevents the comment button from appearing on the post. If this is not the case, it could be because the owner has restricted commenting to those who are following the account.
These are just a few of the reasons you might want to avoid them.
What is the maximum time you can be banned from commenting on Facebook for?
Facebook may block you from commenting. It will take between 24 and 48 hours for the feature to be restored.
The temporary block is temporary. It can sometimes last for up to seven days if Facebook is investigating the matter. Until Facebook restores your comment feature, you can’t do anything.
Check out also: Facebook dating not working. Here’s how to fix it
Facebook blocks you from commenting in most cases because:
- Your comment was offensive.
- Your comment was reported to Facebook.
- One comment was made against Community Standards.
- Facebook might have identified you as a bot if you have made too many comments at once.
How to fix Facebook’s commenting problem and why you can’t comment
Here are some reasons why you might not be able to comment on a post, or if you don’t see the comment option on all Facebook posts:
1. Facebook has blocked this user
Most people have blocked you from commenting on your friends’ Facebook pages. This is the most common reason you cannot post comments. Facebook allows users to control who they add as friends and block.
If the user has blocked your access, you can’t like or comment on their posts. You cannot resolve the problem on your own. The person will need to unblock you.
2. There is a problem with your browser
Your browser may be causing you to have trouble commenting on posts on Facebook. Facebook can be affected by your browser.
These steps will help you fix the problem.
- Use an alternative browser to access Facebook
- Clear your browser data cache
- Restart your browser and try again
- If your session is over, log out of your Facebook account.
- Upgrade your browser to the most recent version
You can also deactivate extensions that are related to Facebook.
3. You don’t have permission to comment on this post
You can’t comment on a photo or post that has been tagged by a friend.
This is because the individual has made his posts secret, so that only those who follow him can comment.
Check out this article: How to Fix “Marketplace not available to You” on Facebook
You will not see the Comment option in this case. To comment, you will need to follow the account.
4. You are commenting on a Facebook Live Video
Facebook allows broadcasters to set comment moderation settings whenever they are broadcasting live video. It will restrict your ability to comment on live videos as a viewer.
You may not be able to comment on Facebook Live Video because of these reasons:
- The comment was sent too quickly.
- Your comment is too brief.
- The streamer is not being followed.
- The stream uses a protected mode.
- Sorry, you cannot comment yet.
- The streamer is not supported.
- You don’t have permission to comment.
- You’re trying to comment on an old post.
The following steps can be taken to fix the problem:
- If you want to comment multiple times, post a comment once per ten seconds on the live video.
- Your comment should be at least 100 characters.
- Before you comment, follow the streamer.
- Follow the streamer only if they are using a protected mode. The streamer will ask you to join the conversation, wait at least 15 minutes, and then comment.
- Before you leave a comment, subscribe to this page.
Your account could be less than two week old if you are unable to comment on live videos. If that is the case, you should join the conversation as soon your two-weeks have expired.
5. How to fix a problem where you can’t comment on a page that you moderate
You may not be able to comment on posts if you are the moderator on a Facebook Page. It could be due to a setting in Manager.
Pages and Notifications prevents you commenting on Facebook when you are attempting to comment from the business’s page.
Also, see Fix: Facebook message temporarily removed
You can modify the Pages or Notifications settings in the Business Info section as a Business Manager administrator. You can comment on posts on the business page depending on which setting you select.
To comment in that instance, you’ll need to go to the Business Manager page.
Here’s how it works:
- The Notifications and Pages setting must be OFF in order to allow the business page to display notifications or create posts. This means that you will need to use Business Manager to complete the task. You will only comment by going to business.facebook.com/pagename.
- You can comment on posts from your business page if the Page and Notifications setting has been set to ON. In that case, go to facebook.com/pagename and business.facebook.com/pagename to make your comment.
6. Get support from Facebook
Contact Facebook support if the above doesn’t work. Facebook may be experiencing an issue that affects some of its features.
If the user has blocked you, you cannot comment on Facebook posts. You cannot also comment on the picture of an account that you don’t follow.
Other times, the feature might not work due to a browser problem. Facebook may experience a system-wide issue that could affect your ability to comment on the platform. For assistance, contact the support team.