Call forwarding is a phone management utility that allows you to redirect incoming calls on your landline or smartphone to an alternate number. There can be several instances that demand you to activate the service.
When using a Verizon device, you can forward calls on landlines and cell phones in a diversity of scenarios. The process is quick and simple. However, if you have any concerns, read the following article for complete know-how of the process.
Forwarding Calls on a Verizon Cell Phone
The Verizon Call Forwarding service facilitates immediate activation. Using the feature, you can forward calls from your smartphone to an alternate mobile or landline. There are two ways to enable Verizon call forwarding. You can use the ‘My Verizon App’, or visit the ‘My Verizon’ online portal. Let us have a look at each of the methods in what follows next:
Using the My Verizon App
Perquisites of Activating the Call Forwarding Service
- Make sure that you have an updated version of the app installed on your smartphone.
- The app works with Android versions 5.0 and later. The iOS compatibility is for versions 11.0 and above. For devices out of this range, you can visit the ‘My Verizon’ website.
- Launch the ‘My Verizon’ application.
- Hit the ‘Account’ tab and enter your login password in the ‘Password Prompt’.
- A list of mobile numbers linked to the account appears on the app screen. Hit ‘Manage Device’ below the phone number for which call forwarding is to be activated.
- Navigate to the ‘Preferences’ section and hit the ‘Manage Call Forwarding’ tab.
- Enter an alternate 10-digit number and click on ‘Add Number’.
- To stop the service, hit the ‘X’ icon at the right of the alternate number.
Using the My Verizon Website
Follow these quick and easy steps to activate the call forwarding service from the ‘My Verizon’ website:
- Open your preferred browser and sign in to the official ‘My Verizon’ site. The sign-in options are through your ‘My Verizon’ credentials, or mobile number having ‘Account Owner or Manager access.
- Hit the ‘Account’ tab on the welcome page and choose ‘My Devices’.
- Click on the ‘Device Overview’ option under ‘My Devices’.
- Hit ‘Manage Device’ below the phone number for which call forwarding is to be activated.
- Navigate to the ‘Call Forwarding’ section and tap ‘Manage’.
- Choose the number that is currently receiving calls in the ‘Select Mobile Number’ dropdown list.
- Head to the ‘Forward Mobile Number to’ section and enter the alternate number for receiving the forwarded calls.
- Hit the ‘Update Call Forwarding Status’ button.
- The ‘Select Verification Option’ screen pops up. Choose a suitable verification method and hit ‘Send’. You will get a link in a message for email verification. The ‘My Verizon’ app sends a push notification if you choose a mobile number.
- Approve the request to forward calls from the verification option within 2 minutes. The process gets aborted automatically if you take longer. You need to follow the entire process again in such a case.
Forwarding Calls on a Verizon Landline
You can also forward incoming calls on your Verizon landline to an alternate mobile number. This is beneficial in case you are not near the phone but need to receive important calls. You should, however, ensure that the landline and mobile numbers remain active throughout the service run.
The call forwarding feature is automatically canceled if you discontinue the landline or mobile number. This method is hence, profitable only if you are planning to keep the landline service running for a long time.
Look through the steps given below for a quick insight into the process of forwarding calls from a Verizon landline:
- Lift the handset of your Verizon landline phone.
- Dial ‘*72’ from the keypad.
- Wait till you hear two beeps on your landline handset.
- Dial the 10-digit mobile number that will receive the forwarded calls.
- Wait till the call gets disconnected automatically.
Enabling the call forwarding feature on your Verizon mobile or landline can be quite beneficial in many scenarios. You can avail the facility in a few simple steps, but there are some aspects to keep in mind.